Selecting a Stove
When selecting a stove for your yurt you must firstly consider the size of the area you need to heat. There are many different types of stoves, and certain designs are more suited to yurts. You need to consider the stoves heat output. The following stove suppliers come recommended by our customers. They will be able to match you up with the perfect stove for your yurt.
- www.windysmithy.co.uk (another highly recommended UK supplier)
- www.stovesonline.co.uk (UK based, specifically their RS workshop stoves)
- www.soulpad.co.uk (their 'blaze' wood burners are ideal for smaller yurts)
- www.Gr8fires.co.uk (Evergreen Poplar or Evergreen Ashley two typies)Lastly
- also try www.eBay.co.uk there are some great bargains to be found. Try a search for 'pipsqueak' stoves.
Some yurt users install under floor heating systems (usually electricity based, as water systems can be less reliable in the winter months). When correctly installed they provide an efficient ambient heat source for any yurt.
Yurt users, who are interested in self sufficiency and environmentally friendly power supplies, could try free standing solar power. It is is great for low-power uses, such as providing lighting, laptop/ mobile power and even small fridges.
Wind powered turbines are also a popular option for yurt users, small modern wind generators designed for boats and caravans can be very quiet and ideal for generating additional electricity when sunlight is not sufficient. You can find some useful products to use from the following website: http://www.marlec.co.uk/wind-power/wind-power-for-caravans-2/
For cleaning your yurt canvas:
- NeverGreen is a very good product to keep your yurt clean look last: https://www.facebook.com/MaxNeverGreen
- Fabsil Gold is very useful when it comes to keeping our outer canvas water resistant. http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/fabsil-gold-1lt-p152173
- If you do not have time to clean your canvas by yourselves, why not send it to a professional? http://washandwaterproof.com/
Yurt has been used in many places and for many purposes:
- Bakers of Cornwall Bed & Breakfast http://bakersdozen.org.uk/
- Bolding Way Holidays http://boldingway.co.uk/glamping.html
- GLF Fitness http://www.glffitness.com/
- New Hope http://newhope.org.uk/
- Marketing and Events http://www.markerevents.com/
- Love 2 Yurt http://www.love2yurt.co.uk/glamping
- Flatory Holidays, Norway http://flatoyholidays.com/Flatoy/Home.html
- Yurt glamping sites:
- Any many more to come…