Selecting a Stove
When selecting a stove for your yurt you must firstly consider the size of the area you need to heat. There are many different types of stoves, and certain designs are more suited to yurts. You need to consider the stoves heat output. The following stove suppliers come recommended by our customers. They will be able to match you up with the perfect stove for your yurt.
- www.windysmithy.co.uk (another highly recommended UK supplier)
- www.stovesonline.co.uk (UK based, specifically their RS workshop stoves)
- www.soulpad.co.uk (their ‘blaze’ wood burners are ideal for smaller yurts)
- www.Gr8fires.co.uk (Evergreen Poplar or Evergreen Ashley two typies)Lastly
- also try www.eBay.co.uk there are some great bargains to be found. Try a search for ‘pipsqueak’ stoves.
Some yurt users install under floor heating systems (usually electricity based, as water systems can be less reliable in the winter months). When correctly installed they provide an efficient ambient heat source for any yurt.
Selecting a Solar or Wind Power Supplies
Yurt users, who are interested in self sufficiency and environmentally friendly power supplies, could try free standing solar power. It is is great for low-power uses, such as providing lighting, laptop/ mobile power and even small fridges.
Wind powered turbines are also a popular option for yurt users, small modern wind generators designed for boats and caravans can be very quiet and ideal for generating additional electricity when sunlight is not sufficient. You can find some useful products to use from the following website: http://www.marlec.co.uk/wind-power/wind-power-for-caravans-2/
Selecting a martting or rug for your yurt
All our yurts come with double layer groundsheet. It can be used straight away. However, some of our custmers prefer to put something on top of it to protect the groundsheet for many years to come. Some beautiful rugs would just be perfect. If the yurt gets many foot falls,DandyDura matting would be a good start. DandyDura® is a woven polyproplene matting. It is a very popular matting for marquees and is easy to maintain, very durable, fully reversible, weatherproof and light to handle. This product can be made into circular shaped carpet for your yurt. www.marqueefloors.co.uk/Dandydura/ Here is a photo of our 8m yurt with the DandyDura matting.
Yurt has been used in many places and for many purposes:
- Bakers of Cornwall Bed & Breakfast http://bakersdozen.org.uk/
- GLF Fitness http://www.glffitness.com/
- New Hope http://newhope.org.uk/
- Marketing and Events http://www.markerevents.com/
- Love 2 Yurt http://www.love2yurt.co.uk/glamping
- Yurt glamping sites: https://www.coolcamping.co.uk/campsites/uk/wales/west-wales/pembrokeshire/1016-st-davids-yurts
- Caravan camping & Glamping Park http://www.tregroes.co.uk
- Any many more to come…